Thursday, September 28, 2017

Celebrating my 200th Post

Wait, what? This is my 200th Annie's Artist Lookbook post? I'm amazed and truly honored. On the one hand, I am glad I found a format for which I could consistently produce content. 200 means almost four years of posting one per week, right? I'm not sure if anyone else knows the feeling, but I am one of those people who loves to buy notebooks and journals, but never manages to stick to writing more than a few entries. It just goes to show that a passion for what you're writing can help. I love the chance to highlight the talent in our great city!


On that note, thank you all for the support! I may not have a huge reader base, but I am humbled by the attention I've built up over the years and the traffic I've been able to send to my featured artists. It means the world to me to meet people who know about Annie's Artist Lookbook before I even introduce myself. I've actually enjoyed a few good laughs from artists who don't know me tell me that I should follow this Annie person. Trust me, that's a huge compliment! You all have given me the validation and motivation to keep this project going!

You have also helped me find greater purpose in my professional life. As many of you know, I have gotten the chance to develop a presence in the Austin art community because of this blog. It gave me an excuse to go to art events, meet artists, photograph their work and learn about their craft. From that, I started to see areas where many makers needed more support, and it occurred to me that I could provide that. I knew I would feel good about helping someone sell their handiwork because I believe strongly in the value of art, creativity and entrepreneurship. I wouldn't have guessed four years ago that I would end up launching my own business, but I couldn't be more proud today to manage Crafting Exposure, providing photography and promotion for artists. Thank you for making that possible!

In honor of this auspicious occasion, I'd like to feature some of the most popular profiles from the 199 that preceded today's post. I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to contact me with recommendations for my next 199 artists to feature!

#10. Wicked Whatnots - Jewelry - Mar 3, 2016



#9. Amy Giacomelli - Painting - Apr 9, 2015



#8. Cat's Customs - Tie Dye - Jan 22, 2015



#7. Pratt Creek Art - Oil Painting - May 22, 2014



#6. Amanda Lee Jones - Oil Painting - Sep 1, 2016



#5. BDJ Craftworks - Wood & Resin - Oct 23, 2014



#4. Elizabeth Dunlop Studios - Glass Art - May 8, 2014



#3. Kathy Harris - Ceramics - Sep 4, 2014



#2. GKronke Studios - Glass Art - Nov 26, 2015



#1.  Stones Throw Studio - Jewelry - Jan 1, 2015